About Us

Kansas One-Call : KOC

"Kansas One-Call" is the underground utility notification center for the state of Kansas. Through this facility, a person can notify operators of underground facilities of proposed excavations to request that the underground facilities be marked before they dig.

One easy phone call to 811 gets your underground utility lines marked for free!

Buried utilities could exist just about anywhere you dig. Homeowners and contractors can prevent damage to underground utilities and prevent service interruptions by calling KOC at least two working days prior to excavating. It's free, easy, and it's the law!

KOC takes information from callers who are digging, processes it using a sophisticated software mapping system, and notifies underground utility operators that may have utilities in the area. The owners of the utilities then send personnel to mark and locate their utilities.

Kansas One-Call accepts locate requests twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. What does this mean for you...the excavator? Instead of waiting until Monday morning to file those locate request for the remainder of the week, you now will be able to file them anytime on Saturday or Sunday and avoid that Monday morning rush.  Understand that by filing your locate request on the weekend, it does not change the effective start date of the ticket. That is regulated by law, Monday thru Friday are the only official call dates. Click here for detailed Call Timeline information.


Always call 811 before you dig!

Give it a try, call 811 to protect yourself and your property against underground utility damage and liability. We are confident that you will enjoy the convenience that Kansas One-Call offers!

Find out where underground utility lines are buried before you dig. Anyone digging in Kansas must call before digging. The person who is doing the work is responsible for calling KOC. If the owner contracts with a professional excavator to do the excavation then the professional excavator is responsible for calling KOC. You will need to provide information about the work site when you call 811.